Our vision is to see Brown Memorial Baptist Church become a total tithing church giving unto God a portion of what he has blessed us with to do the great work God would have us to do as Christians. God entrusts us with time, talent, treasure and his temple, to increase our efforts in building God’s kingdom by assisting ministries to grow their programs of service to the community, especially the underserved and disadvantaged. As well as, to ensure God’s house is maintained in divine order financially, administratively, legally, environmentally and structurally.
- To maximize and manage well the gifts that God has blessed us with through the giving of the membership.
- To insure the accurate accounting of all church finances including but not limited to offerings, tithes, pledges and donations; and the payment of all bills .
- Prepare and present financial data to the pastor and church membership; facilitate a yearly financial audit; and propose initiatives to capitalize finances and develop plans for expansion and/or to meet the growing needs of the church’s ministries.
- Manage the church’s property and all related activities; ensure all inspections are completed according to NYC regulations and code; and that the facility meets NYC building requirements.
- Maintain appropriate and sufficient equipment, supplies and utilities for the day to day operations of the church.
Chair: Sister Shendora Pridgen