Our mission is to promote a relaxing and warm atmosphere for the seniors in our community, so they can gather together, enjoy each other’s company to reminisce about their life’s journey, share happy experiences and strengthen each other. We believe that the best days of our seniors are not behind them, but that great things are still to come.
The seniors remain the pillars of the church as they have been warriors on the battlefield for the Lord.
- Provides and prepares lunch every Wednesday for everyone attending the Noon Day Service and Bible Study class.
- Social Outings: Plays, luncheons, movies, and other cultural events.
- Annual Senior Prom in June for the Seniors with a variety of different themes .
- Health & Wellness:
- Organized a Nutritional/Cooking class that educated participants about healthy eating and food preparation; all participants who completed the class received certificates.
- Other activities have included: water aerobics at the YMCA, crocheting classes, line-dancing and a Bar-B-Que & Black Cowboy/Pony show
Chair – Sister Rosalyn M. Baugham